Lighting can really set a mood, don't you agree? Bright lights, shimmering lights, candle light... all create a distinct feeling.
The glow of light brings comfort and good cheer. At this time of year especially, twinkling lights on homes and on our Christmas tree bring smiles to all. A light on the windowsill welcomes us home and firelight in the hearth invites us to sit and fellowship. A beautiful thing indeed!
"...The brightness of the roaring fires in the kitchens, parlours, and all sorts of rooms, was wonderful. Here, the flickering of the blaze showed preparations for a cozy dinner, with hot plates baking through and through before the fire, and deep red curtains, ready to be drawn to shut out the cold and darkness..." ---Dickens, A Christmas Carol
Dark rooms are almost as unappealing as stark sterile lighting. Here is a few ways to make your cabin a naturally brighter place on a budget.
1. Try AMBER LED lights for a more warm ambiance.
2. Use MULTIPLE LAMPS instead of one main bright overhead light.
3. Aiming ACCENT LIGHTS at the ceiling will also provide a more spacious feel
4. DIMMER SWITCHES also reduces the glare but provides brighter light when needed.
5. Use LIGHT COLORED CURTAINS to expose as much natural light as possible; Floor types and decor color schemes also can make a big difference to the atmosphere of the room. Tile in the bathroom or as a kitchen back-splash can also reflect light.
6. MINIMIZING FURNITURE can also make a room feel lighter and brighter. Or try furniture with lighter wood. A coffee table with thinner legs where you can see the floor will also make a room feel spacious and brighter. Open shelving verses dark cabinets also can help.
7. MIRRORS! Mirrors are a perfect way to expand a room and relect light. Try leaning a large mirror opposite your largest window. Place mirrors in front of candles or lamps. Tuck your mirror behind the couch, or as your headboard. Paneled doors can easily be made to hold mirrors.
Take a look at our Log Home Lighting ideas on Pinterest!
Here are 3 recent projects. The first is the completed home of a customer this year. Just beautiful amongst the trees and snow. The second home is the Clark Fork Project. For more inside photos click here. The third picture is an office cabin in progress on site.
(406) 847-2316 Office/(406) 529-7664 Cell