Maintenance Program Log Home Care
Things a homeowner should know to look for:
Routine maintenance can mean the difference between a few dollars and an expensive problem. Many of these problems are preventable. One thing you can do is to get into a routine of inspecting your home. Begin by taking a walk around your home. Here's what to look for:
Log Home Checklist:
✅Look for possible causes for mold/mildew
✅Check for insect damage
✅Clean & check gutters
✅ Make sure there are proper over hangs on all log walls
Maintenance or Restoration
When is it time to call in the professionals?
Regular maintenance is necessary for your log home to look as beautiful as the day you fell in love with it. Lack of knowledge, of proper log home maintenance, is one of the leading causes for structural damage. Using the tips on this page, will better help you understand how to maintain your home and how to identify potential problems before they begin.
Using a scheduled annual maintenance inspection, as well as the tips here on our page, will help you protect your log home from all types of damage and potential problems. If damage is pre-existing, calling in a log home professional to assist with repairs or replacement of damaged logs is what will be needed. A skilled craftsman will be able to help with almost any type of damage your log home may have suffered.
Things A Homeowner Can Do:
1. Remove or fix preventable causes for mold:
What We Can Do To Help:
- Begin with a knowledgeable plan and let us help you put your log home regimen in place. Schedule an annual checkup. As log home professionals, we know what problems to look for and where to look for them. Log home inspections are necessary and can save you time as well as costly repairs. This should be thought of as a preventative or “safety” measure.
- Repair of chinking
- Repair of stain
- Repair or replacement of damaged logs
- Addition of overhangs. Using large eave overhangs will help protect your home from the elements. (A General rule of thumb is 1 foot overhang for every 8 foot of log wall.
- Addition of covered porches. Adding covered porches will help protect the wood from moisture and sun damage.
Maintenance Program Service Schedule Our basic Maintenance Program will mean a yearly inspection of your home. A comprehensive inspection will include the inspection of your home by our log home professional, an annual wash with log cleaner, a consultation with the homeowner and recommendation for any restoration or repairs needed. Your annual maintenance fee will be applied to any restoration project you schedule with us. We hope to bring assurance & peace of mind that your investment is protected.